Monday, October 06, 2008

Busy busy busy!

Well the month of October is beginning quite well.. mainly with the beginning of my new job installing Dish Network TV dishes. Not only am I doing basic cable runs.. I am now learning about satellites and dish alignment. In my first 3 days, I racked up only 28 hours of work but learned a TON! On top of that... well I spent a lot of money just to meet the job requirements.. IE, Tools. Most of the tools are things I would normally use on house projects.. and there are only a couple of tools that I would only use in this line of work... but this line of work seems to keep surfacing in my work history over the past 2 years. At least I now get to travel around Montana and see more of the country. This week is training, and next week, I should be turned out on my own. The only gripe so far is they have me scheduled for Sundays even after I specifically mentioned every time I talked about my employment I did not want to work that day. I suppose I will see what the Lord has in store.

In family news, Grandma (the one with Alzheimer) has once again come down with pneumonia and the doctors are worried about her. So worried, they called mom and let her know. Needless to say, we are asking prayers for the Lord to help us through this time.

I leave you with this note:

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.
Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote 'The Hokie Pokey' died peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in... And then the trouble started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home