Sunday, September 17, 2006

The last great weekend

The last great weekend of the season and I spent it driving to Anchorage. I planned on seeing my uncle there and pick up some items he wanted me to get. Casey and I started out early Sat. morning around 6am. About 9am, we reached Cantwell and decided to try and find an old co-worker to say hello. We reached Denali Manor and went inside. After an hour of visiting with Phillip and his wife, Uno, we continued on to Anchorage. Arriving in Willow, we decided to get some petrol (or 'go' juice) I calculated my gas mileage. I was amased to find I was getting a wopping 35mpg. Never expected that much. I thought it might a been a fluke when I calculated a 38mpg in Fairbanks. Anyway, we arrived in the outskirts of Anchorage and I instantly remembered my sheer hatred of that town. Too big, to many cars, and just a dislike of such a large city. Once we found our uncle's house, we were dismayed to find that my uncle was not home. After killing some time we decided to retreat to Wasilla and find a hotel for the night. Sunday morning also began early with us leaving for Fairbanks. We stopped by the Denali Manor once more to have some breakfast, then continued to Fairbanks. 12:30 we arrived at Mom and Dad's house. Overall the drive was a good trip to learn more about my new car and was more adventure than staying in Fairbanks. Probably will be the last trip from town before winter hits.
Well should get ready for church. Catch y'all later
Radar

3 Comments:

Blogger blondevue... said...

Kody,
Sounds like overall, the trip went well. Its kind of nice to get out and go, Casey said he had fun driving the car! Thats a bummer that your uncle wasn't home thou. That 35 mpg sure sounds nice! Enjoy the savings before it snows... =)
Also, thanks for the encouragement. Have a good day,
Tori

10:45 AM, September 18, 2006  
Blogger Rebekah L. said...

Ok Kody.
So for like the last week and a half I've been trying to change my template....oddly enough, one of the one's I tried is the one you changed yours to!! So here's my question...I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how on earth to change the margins or whatever so that it doesn't cut off the sides of whatever I have on the sidebars. Also...my blog name and whatever description at the top are not lining up right. How on earth did you get yours to look straight??!!!! I usually just mess with the margins but i cant find anywhere to do it on these templates...!!! AUUUGHHHH!!!! Help!!!!!!!
Rebekah

12:04 PM, September 18, 2006  
Blogger Radar said...

er, OK but get this, I just copy and pasted... I did not have to modify anything. I did notice that when I used the preview option on blogger, everything did look goofy. I decided to tempt fate and publish the template and it worked. I do notice that the template I am useing does not work well with my Firefox browser. My first suggestion would be to just post the changes and not preview. Let me know if it works. Radar

1:33 PM, September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home