Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pocket change

Well, yesterday turned out better than I had expected. First I called the insurance company only to find that the repairs for my car will be coming out of pocket. The insurance will usually help fix you vehicle if you have an option called Comp insurance. Comp coverage is listed to help cover 'acts of god' (or moose in Alaska’s context). All this means to me is I will be taking care of all the repairs myself. It also means I will pay for them too. Ok, minor setback...I don’t particularly like dealing with insurance companies anyway. Next I headed to one of the local body shops to assess the damage. After a quick overview, it looks like the repairs will come to about $2,000. I have to admit I did not know what it would cost but I keep getting told that the price I am getting is rather reasonable. Today I will go finish the paperwork and try to get my car fixed before winter hits. I just know that after the first snowfall, the body shops will be busy with the drivers that can't seem to stay out of the ditch.

Anyway, thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I am perfectly fine (although that is debatable :D ) and back to work today. Well, guess I should start getting in gear.

Later,
Radar!

1 Comments:

Blogger Happy Girl said...

It was kind of sad seeing your truck when I pulled up to work this morning. But I'm sure that you felt a bit safer in it. :-)

10:02 AM, September 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home