Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wild Oats (8/29/06)

Well, I am not sowing any wild oats, but I am sure enjoying them. Oh, I guess I should specify that Wild Oats is a group in Tennessee that played at the opening of the Dixie Stampede dinner show. The music was fun, upbeat, Bluegrass music played by this great group. Just before the many guests were allowed to enter the main arena for the primary attraction, I had an opportunity to purchase one of their albums on CD. Everyone had the chance to also get the autographs of the group. As you can see, I took the opportunity to get their signatures. I don’t usually get a chance (or take the chance) to get autographs but with the initial impression I may not get to go back and get this privilege of an autograph, I did. As I am composing this entry, I have my newly acquired CD playing in the background. It has several popular songs such as Sweet Home Alabama, Duelin’ Banjos, and even East Bound and Down. It also has some well known Hymns as well. Most of these are instrumental except for Jesus Hold My Hand. Altogether, it is a well spent investment.
As I am typing this, I am hearing the claps of thunder from a nearby thunder-cell that is approaching. I do admit I am hoping to see a REAL thunderstorm that outclasses our storms in Alaska, as these southern storms tend to do. Everyone is keeping a close watch on the weather for none of us (especially the soon to be bride and groom) want bad weather for Saturday’s wedding.
Well I should wrap this up for now, but before I go, I trust you will take note that I have managed to add some additional friends to my link page. Keep in touch!

Radar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home