Sunday, November 26, 2006

When life give you the unexpected...

you learn to roll along with it. That is exactly what I did. It started during the second song service when Josh came to our row and asked if someone would hold his young daughter for a second. Slightly in a daze, and happening to be the first to reach, I ended up holding the bright eyed youngster. Anyone who has seen me with a baby will have seen a rather odd expression on my face... mostly because it has to do with the fact that I rarely have anything to do with babies, much less the one who offers to hold them. Luckily, this youngster was in a good mood and she did not even make a sound as her dad made a quick run outside. This is the second time I have had the opportunity (or we will say the surprising unusual event) of being able to hold the baby. Almost un-nerving when you haven't been around young children. I won't say I am getting used to it... but I won't exactly say I can't get used to it. Other than that, services went well with plenty of smiles to go around.

In other news... my adventures have consisted of.... well still nothing. I have registered for a university class mostly to keep my uaf address but to keep my student status as well.

Oh, well some new news, I broke my truck again... this time the ignition broke. I can't start my truck.... again. That poor truck has had a rough winter. With any luck, I can get the rig started tomorrow and maybe figure out the problem.

On another note, I have seen on the blogs that the Lord has continued to bless all during the Thanksgiving holiday. I pray the blessings will continue into the new year and beyond.
Well, I should probably quit rambling... Please drop a hello! on the comments.... I am missing the interaction. It is amazing what a simple 'hi and hello' can do for people. I know that you are reading my blog as much as I am yours and I have been to quiet for the past couple of days.

Enjoy your Monday... it is not as bad as Garfield portrays!
Radar!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a qucik hey! hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I Love You all,
Amber

P.S. Tell your family all I said....

5:05 AM, November 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think holding Sara is unnerving, you should try holding an ill-tempered baby. And it couldn't have been too bad, since you reached out to take her in the first place! ;) Just teasing.

How's your truck doing? Hopefully the warm weather is helping some, although I'm not sure that even 0F can fix a broken ignition.

Thankfully, Monday is almost over! So that's one good thing about it. ;)
Lauren

11:21 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Radar said...

Trust all is well with you as well Amber!!!

Lauren, Still can't start my truck :( Maybe I can hot-wire it so i can get it to the mechanic. Any ou know what else, after my promising comment about Monday... well my Monday fell apart. MAybe I will post about it later.

Everyone Enjoy your day!
Radar

6:10 AM, November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home