Tuesday, November 14, 2006

When life gives you lemons....


make lemonade.... but when life gives you sour lemons, what then?

That is the question at hand right now. It all started Monday morning at 5am. I got out of bed to start a very cold truck only to find that it would not start. Worried, I plugged in my car (the one I would not drive during the winter) and waited. It was nothing short of a miracle when a cold vehicle starts at -25F and only was plugged in for 45 minutes. After starting the car, I donned my snow gear and prepared to make a cold drive to work. That silly car managed to dance on every ice patch it found. (Rather unnerving if you ask me). Somehow, I still made it to work on time. Things kept getting better and better.... After work, I managed to purchase some studded tires and have them installed on the car. After getting that taken care of, I made track for home to try and hobble the truck to the mechanic... if I could start it. But life had placed another stumbling block for me to trip on. As I got on the last road towards home, a cow moose enters the road way. Thankfully, I had more than enough time to stop. The moose took her time walking onto the road and then stopped... Great, here is a moose and Killer (The cars name) face to face... and the moose begins to walk in my direction. "GREAT! Now she is mad and will stomp the tar out of my car" were the thoughts dashing through my head. I carefully put some distance between me and the moose, and unfortunately, my house. Finally after 10 minutes, a small truck came up the road and the moose walked off. I was to chicken to pass the moose for she was intently watching the field from whence she came. I was not about to get in a fight with a moose protecting a calf.

After finally making it home, and getting my heart started again, I attacked my truck. It finally decided to start. The rest of the evening went okay, but my troubles were not about to end... The forecast was calling for -40F overnight... WONDERFUL, I will be lucky if my car starts at all.

Well this morning rolls around, and I am glad to see that -20F was all we dropped to. After warming the car, I proceeded to drive to work. As I got there, I was dismayed to see my drivers front tire was almost flat. Busting out in an uncontrollable laugh (the kind that get you sent to the funny farm), it took a minute to regain my composure. Ok, what next...... Well I am happy to say nothing (yet). The tire was under warranty, my truck will be out of the shop later this afternoon. Hopefully, things will settle down for a brief period. Trust your day is going better than mine.

Radar

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When life gives you sour lemons, you learn to appreciate the vitamin C jolt.

I know, that sounds flip, but it's really not. Hang in there.

Keeping you in prayer,
Lauren

6:08 PM, November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit I like your comment. A co-worker made a similar point... When you have sour lemons, add more sugar..
Thanks for the prayers! I know we don't talk much at church, but I have to admit, you keep me smilin with your well timed comments.

Keeping you in prayer as well... Your Friend
Radar

8:58 PM, November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home