Sunday, September 03, 2006

What is it about North Carolina that seems to make me want to stay? Is it the most interaction I have had with friends? Could it be the southern culture? By chance, could the lord be trying to tell me something, or are my feelings playing games. It seems that on several occasions, I have felt the apprehension of changes to come, but several times over the past few years, I never knew what they were. The first time I distinctly recall was about 2 years ago. That spring of 04, I felt some change was going to happen but I was not sure what the change was. By that fall, September if I recall correctly, I felt it was time to move from the house. I have been comfortable with that decision ever since. Last year, I felt the need to begin looking for another job outside BLM. The Lord worked in that instance for a month after those feelings, I was notified of job cuts, and being I was a student, my position was being cut. The Lord opened an electronic position similar to the job I was leaving and I applied for the position. The Lord allowed me to reserve the position and by the beginning of October, I had a change in career, and not only did this job pay a little more, I was fortunate enough to have only had 2 days of being unemployed, Saturday and Sunday. Another year has passed and once again I have the feeling of a pending change. Is the Lord telling me it is time for another change? Am I by chance just anticipating a change that is not to happen yet? For the first time in a year, I have actually been happy about going to church and have (to my dismay) actually felt the Lord working through the message. Even the music, choir, and church attitude of this little church we attend regularly here seems to have grown on me. Could it by chance be the fact I don’t want the vacation to end? Even though we don’t leave until Thursday, Sept 7, I already can’t help but to wonder if the Lord will lead me out of Alaska for something other than vacation time. I recall that I said I wanted to be more social and it seems that this southern culture has allowed me to do just that. It was not just by chance I came down for just a wedding, but could the Lord be preparing me for something more? For now, the best thing for me to do is pray that the Lord will show me what he wants me to do. If anything, this … post (which started as a personal vent session) has allowed me to relax a little on this cloudy Sunday afternoon. If anything, I can at least share my thoughts with my Christian friends that read this blog.
Thanks
Radar

1 Comments:

Blogger blondevue... said...

Kody,
Wow. I am glad that you were able to post how you were feeling. Sometimes thats harder said than done.
Keep praying I know God will show you His will.
We are in the Anchorage airport on a layover, and should be leaving soon.
Have a great rest of the trip, see you on Sunday,
Tori

10:32 PM, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home