Friday, December 15, 2006

And the Lord works once again...

Well I still haven't found what the Lord would have me do but it does seem he is keeping me busy. Yesterday I volunteered my assistance to our pastor who is trying to finish his house. After spending all day helping him and his wife, I came back to Fairbanks to pick Snowcamak up from work. During my wait, I was able to catch a quick nap before the trek up to Chena Hotsprings for Thursday night services.
When we got to Church, it was mentioned that a couple of people wanted to talk with me about some work. Puzzled, I waited to see what I was in for. The message was about preventing the loss of knowledge through the generations. It was a great message. The Lord even got me out of my 'comfort zone' when the pastor mentioned about having the youth lead a service or 2 in the coming year. I will be praying that the Lord shows me what he wants me to do when the time comes..... I am still nervous mostly because I still believe I am not a leader nor teacher. I guess I will find out eventually.
After services, I was approached by two of the members and was asked to help them on some projects they were working on. I know they are watching out for me and it is wonderful to help fellow members. I almost haven't been this happy in years. I continuously receive more joy as I go. So many questions of what He has next for me...... and the answers will reveal themselves in due time. Lord willing, he will give me patience to wait for the answers!

Well that is all the news for now. I hope to post in time for Christmas but if'n I don't, I wish you a JOYOUS Christmas.

Radar!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whether or not the Lord wants you to be a leader or teacher on a regular basis, I'm a firm believer in the idea that you learn more yourself when you're doing the teaching. So if you get called upon to teach, I know you'll do just fine, because the Lord will lead you to what He wants you to say.

Believe it or not, I think the members in question have SOME motives beyond looking out for you. ;) Nah, just kidding, I know they are looking out for you, but it's pretty convenient for them, too. (Must mean the Lord's in it, yeah?) The word about you is that you're "a good worker," which is something they value very highly.

Whoops, sorry about the length. I must be feeling chatty or something. Hope you have a good evening.
Lauren

9:59 PM, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home