Monday, January 08, 2007

When the going gets tough.....

Alaskans dig in.... and thaw out. The local forecast has finally reached that magical temperature of -50F for this evening. Dig out the parkas folks... and make sure your vehicle is plugged in. Even though the temp is going to fall like a rock, It will always warm up. It has been -30F all day and the temp is now falling with the sun. at noon, -30F... and now at 3:30pm, -35F.
Well today was rather uneventful. I made an effort to apply for some jobs, and only applied for one. The other I was going to look at is closed for inventory so I will have to apply at a later date. The other job....well lets just say I had a sinking feeling as I was filling out the application. It slowly became obvious that I most likely won't get that position. My past work history seems to over qualify me for most jobs I keep looking at. Oh well, I will just keep looking..
Other than that, not much else. Seems like the blog world has gotten rather quiet. I have noticed that there have been numerous visits but a lack of comments. Please feel free to just say hello...

Drop me a line, just say hello.... I look forward to hearing from you all.
Until later.
Radar

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think it ever actually got to -50F, did it? But it was certainly cold enough without the extra 10 degrees.
Being "overqualified" is kind of a dumb idea, I think. If you have lots of experience and are applying for a job, the place should snatch you up. The job world is such a strange place.
So, that was a long "hello." ;)

7:43 PM, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home