Friday, February 23, 2007

Alaska Showing it's true nature.....

Well, anyone who has even stopped in Fairbanks overnight will tell you it is cold! With nightly lows reaching -43F, vehicles are beginning to complain... and some need to be coaxed to start. My car was among that group yesterday. I had to borrow a big battery charger to revive the car.. and I still have to resurrect the cold truck! No worries, it is rather hard to prevent me from seeing my girlfriend every day this week.. and what a week it has been. Why, just yesterday, she found out that the University of Wyoming has accepted her in to the Grad program, and are even willing to give her a Teachers Assistant position! I could not be more happy for her! She is still waiting for more acceptance letters to filter in so she may have a variety to choose from come this fall. I want to ask that you keep her in prayer as she seeks the Lord's will about how to proceed this fall.

My Radar skills tells me that you are wondering if the fact of her leaving state for a time distresses me. Why no! Should it? From my perspective, who am I to get in the way of the Lord's plan... and why should I worry when I fully believe the Lord has brought us together, allowed us to build such a relationship. If anything, I believe that if the Lord chooses that she leaves... it will be a strengthening and growing period for us. I will honestly admit that I would like her to stay..... but committed to the continuing of this relationship as long as God allows. As it is, I really believe this may eventually lead to marriage (ok so a rather bold statement for my typical blog post).
Well between that statement, and a Text message from my sweetheart.... I should probably go. I will try to post later on the development on my second interview which is in 3 hours.

Keep the car warm, and a blanket nearby..... ITS COLD!!!!
Radar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home