Sunday, October 01, 2006

A southern Sunday

Well I might as well post about it for I can't seem to get it off my
mind... It is true that I have decided to follow the Lord's guidance and
begin to look for another church. As of today, it seems that the Lord has
pointed my family and my footsteps to the doorstep of a local mission work
in the area. From the
beginning of services, starting with a devotion from a young man, these
services began to follow the similar format I had grown familiar with
during my short stay in North Carolina.
Overall, our presence was well received, and the Lord led the speakers to
say exactly what we needed to hear. I have not decided any actions, but
after much prayer, I am trusting the Lord will show me what His will is
for me. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I will say that the
time with Plack Road has been good but it is time to move on. I pray that
no hard feelings are created nor harbored. I also pray that our
friendships can still grow.
May the Lord lead your footsteps as he sees fit.


Radar..

Psalm 31:3
For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead
me, and guide me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I ask why you are leaving Plack Road? I thought maybe this could use a little more explaination for those of us that don't understand... I realize you were looking for change, but what is going on?! I try to stay out of things, but I feel like everyone is falling apart.
Are your parents leaving with you? I really do expect an answer. You have always been straight with me, please don't stop now.

10:21 PM, October 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kody,
Wow, it was good to hear from you the other night, Thanks again for calling and wishing me a happy Birthday. I just love when good friends keep in touch.
You are and always have been such a blessing. I have a feeling that God is really working on you right now, as you have stated in the past comments to me. I am praying that you dicistion will be as easy to know as mine and my familys was. You just know it is right sometimes. That overwelming peace that floods your heart and mind. It is like you have been burdened for months and months until God puts this thought on you heart and you follow through, and then, WOW,,,, it was like it was so easy. I just love that feeling of peace that you get when you just know that you are in Gods Will. I am pround of you and your family for following what you think Gods will is. Don't let anyones opinions cause you to doubt Gods will for your lives. He knows what is best over anyone else. And I am supporting you in any desision that you all have made. God bless and know that my prayers and my husbands are with you all. Hope that you make this transition as happy as you possibly can, and don't let peoples words hurt or distract you from Gods direction. Take care and know that we love you and your family
In the South!
Amber

9:45 AM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Radar said...

Laurie,
The fact that we are leaving Plack Road is the simple fact that the Lord has laid it on our hearts to do so. As you correctly recall, I was looking for a change, but it was based on past experience with the way the Lord has led my life. Several years ago, I was not eager to leave home, but the Lord gave me and my parents a feeling of changes to come a year ahead of time. When I did finally move out, it was no surprise to anyone. The same for my old job. I had a feeling to begin looking at the help wanted ads,and during that time, I was told that I had 1 month before I was laid off. Just like times past, the Lord impressed upon my heart of changes to come. These changes are taking form in the need to find another church. The decision has not been without much prayer and sorrow, but it still appears to be the Lord's will for us to move on. In the interim, it is our prayers that we can still continue our fellowship with the members of
Plack Road, Lord willing..

Radar.


Phil 4:6-8 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and
supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1:11 PM, October 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home